Included in this set (a brush category with its icon) are very basic brush variants which are very versatile.
[ sketch brushes zip file ]
- bristle -soft bristle brush that both colors and blends.
- bristle blend - blender version of the above.
- cover brush - 100% opaque brush to completely paint over underlying colors.
- pencil - textured pencil in "Grainy Soft Cover" method. Lower "Grain" setting for less texture.
- pencil blend - blender version of the above, with a little larger size.
- sand - captured brush with "sandy" footprint.
- sand blend - blender version of the above.
- soft tip - soft and oily thick pencil.
- soft tip blend - blender version of the above.
Soft and Watery
This is a set of brush variants (a brush category folder with its own icon) that has the feel of the old watercolor brushes of Painter 6.
[ watery brushes zip file ]
- watery simple - paints softly with texture; round dab.
- watery blend - mixes colors.
- watery diffuse - diffuses the color edges.
- watery fuzz - paints softly with texture; captured fuzzy dab.
- watery fuzz blend - mixes colors; fuzzy dab.
- watery fuzz diffuse - diffuses; fuzzy dab.
- watery spatter - simulates spattered water with captured dab.
- watery flat - simulates flat watercolor brush with captured dab.
- watery flat rake - rake type flat brush; for use only on the canvas and non-transparent layers.
Pencil and Fudepen
An ordinary pencil with the cover method (can draw with white on darker colors) and a fudepen ("brush pen"), the pen with a flexible and tapered tip for Japanese calligraphic writing.
[ pencil smooth XML File ]
[ fudepen XML File ]
(Last Modified: 2003/05/23)